- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – how has it changed?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Bringing camping history alive 1940s style
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – making a shelter
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping badges – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : How are birds linked to Girlguiding?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Owls in Girlguiding
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Birds – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : The Farmworker badge
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : My experience as a 1940s farmworker
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Interest Badges with an outdoor theme – Kim’s game
- ARC Heritage Open Days 2020 online here
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the GIS
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
The ARC is delighted to share our collection with you here on our website and on our Facebook page
As we are unable to open our building for you this year, we are holding virtual Heritage Open Days instead.
12/13th September 10am – 4pm
19/20th September 10am – 4pm
Our archivist, Helen, and her team will be on hand during these times to answer questions and respond to your comments. Contact them through our Facebook page or by emailing email@example.com
The Heritage Open Day pages website will still be available for you to view outside these times, and do contact us on Facebook. However, response times may be longer during the week.
The pages will stay on the website so do use them for unit meetings to visit a museum, and to inspire Brownies for their Collecting Badge.
Girlguiding has always had nature and the outdoors as one of its programme themes, and this year we are finding some of our old badges to demonstrate this! We have selected birds and include owls (were you one?!), getting back to nature Girl Guide style through camping and, with a specifically Norfolk flavour – a look at the Farmworker Badge through the eyes of our girls who have found out about farming at camps at Gressenhall Union Farm in the past.
Please watch our welcome video and then look at the menu at the side of this page to choose pages that interest you.