- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – how has it changed?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Bringing camping history alive 1940s style
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – making a shelter
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping badges – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : How are birds linked to Girlguiding?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Owls in Girlguiding
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Birds – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : The Farmworker badge
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : My experience as a 1940s farmworker
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Interest Badges with an outdoor theme – Kim’s game
- ARC Heritage Open Days 2020 online here
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the GIS
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the GIS
The ARC is delighted to deliver a virtual event to share what the Guide International Service (GIS) did during and after WW2.
Many know that Girl Guides supported the war effort in many ways, but few are aware of the relief work done by teams in Europe and the Middle East.
This will be a hands-on event where people can learn about how the GIS were trained, what it was like for them in the field, and have a go themselves at seeing if they could also meet the mark through challenges modelled on the GIS tests. There will be videos, challenges, and a chance to share what you’ve done.
The event is aimed at members 10+ and their families, due to the nature of the event; they will be expected to plan and organise themselves over the weekend.
The ARC was involved in supporting many community events for VE75 commemoration events, and now is delighted to be delivering a new way of accessing our collection and bringing history to life as a result of our current situation! Many thanks to the Norfolk Community Foundation, Norfolk Armed Forces Covenant. for their generous support.
Visit V for Virtual on Facebook and sign up! The camp begins next Friday at 12 noon. If you are not on Facebook the website will be keeping an eye on how the training is going!