- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – how has it changed?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Bringing camping history alive 1940s style
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – making a shelter
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping badges – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : How are birds linked to Girlguiding?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Owls in Girlguiding
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Birds – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : The Farmworker badge
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : My experience as a 1940s farmworker
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Interest Badges with an outdoor theme – Kim’s game
- ARC Heritage Open Days 2020 online here
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the GIS
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
Work experience continues, even during lockdown!
Three girls arrived at the ARC this week, via Zoom! How amazing is that? They were there to spend a week with us doing work experience… and my what a lot of work they experienced! They were awesome and in fact probably achieved more whilst working at home than they would have done at the ARC…. Or it was a different type of work achieved, probably more intense, because it had to be done using our collection which is online or through research.
Two zoom meetings daily included work for the day, information, etc. Several of our volunteers came along to support what we were doing and the girls enjoyed that aspect of others contributing too.
The girls achieved such a lot, including the following, which was not everything!
They worked towards information for a geocaching trail and for Heritage Open Days, did transcription of logbooks and created posters using Canva. Admin included working on our Living in Lockdown badge, sorting lists of numbers, writing for Facebook and researching for information to add to our collection. A quiz has been produced, a podcast, ideas for a reminiscence project… and the list goes on!
And they would like to do more! If you want to join in next time, please get in touch…. We will be having a few more days later in the summer holidays.
Feedback from the girls was lovely, and the ARC volunteers were blown away by what they achieved! Thank you so much girls.
On our closed Facebook group the girls wrote afterwards:
From Megan: I just wanted to say thank you for organising this week Helen, I’ve really enjoyed myself and to all the other ARC volunteers for helping us out at the Zoom meetings. Thank you Amelia and Sophie, you have made my work experience week amazing and I hope one day we can meet each other at the ARC.
From Amelia: Thank you for such a fantastic experience; I have loved every minute and its been an honour to meet and work with such a fantastic group of women. Thank you for all your hard work which made this experience possible. I would love to keep supporting the work the ARC does from my home, especially over the sum so please keep in touch.
From Sophie: Thank you very much for the past week, it’s absolutely flown by and I enjoyed every minute of it! It was wonderful to work with such amazing and passionate volunteers, and I felt so welcomed. Would love to stay involved in what the ARC is doing, especially during the summer.