- Videos to support the Time Traveller Badge now available
- Time Traveller – Blast off!!!
- Check out the ARC’s new Geocaching trail
- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – how has it changed?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Bringing camping history alive 1940s style
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping – making a shelter
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Camping badges – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : How are birds linked to Girlguiding?
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Owls in Girlguiding
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Birds – Kim’s game
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : The Farmworker badge
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : My experience as a 1940s farmworker
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Interest Badges with an outdoor theme – Kim’s game
- ARC Heritage Open Days 2020 online here
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the GIS
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
What an amazing weekend!
We have had the most amazing weekend celebrating VE Day on the ‘V for Virtual’ camp organised by Helen Green and her inspirational team.
It has been really refreshing to focus on fun Guiding activities during this difficult time, and learn a lot along the way. I can’t sing their praises enough. We have completed challenges such as dressing in the dark, lighting a fire, cooking a three course meal, exercise, make do and mend, creating a badge and more; been given a wealth of information by video and written means, followed by a variety of quizzes as a fun way to test our knowledge; taken part in a virtual campfire sing song, Guides’ Own, and closing ceremony; caught up with old friends and made new ones.
One of our favourite activities was the scavenger hunt! All the material has been presented in a thoughtful way so that girls and adults of all abilities can challenge themselves to join in and do something new. We could dip in and out as we wished meaning other commitments such as work and caring for relatives didn’t prevent full involvement in the event, and all the way through people shared their experiences and achievements on the dedicated Facebook page (navigation of which is still a challenge to me!). Of course the weather helped make it a good weekend, but as with many camps, we had to rush to strike before the rain came!
I wish I had time to write more, but one thing I will add – if the opportunity to be involved in one of these camps comes again – go for it! Bravo, Bravissimo, Jolly Well Done to everyone involved! Thank you again Brock and Racheal
Oh, if you are wondering about my heading … Virtual-Virus=Victory