- GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
- Girlguiding Norfolk Aspires!
- Videos to support the Time Traveller Badge now available
- Time Traveller – Blast off!!!
- Check out the ARC’s Geocaching trail
- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the Guide International Service
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
If you are making the most of this Lockdown Time, please give the ARC a thought too!!
You might want to write your guiding history, especially if it features Norfolk. Don’t forget to include those funny anecdotes and mention of interesting characters in guiding. We may also try to do an audio interview with you, and then it would be great to have a photo too. It is possible to do these over the phone.
This is Rita, who was interviewed recently, in a photo as a Ranger then and now.
If you are sorting items with a view to giving them to the ARC, we are keen to focus on Norfolk items in particular. Please list what you have so we can look at this prior to bringing items if possible. We are particularly interested in logbooks, magazines, Blue Sheets, old books, old uniforms, badges and photographs! Not a lot!! We like everything really and look forward to seeing what treasures you have!
Catherine has collected her badges and displayed them beautifully. She isn’t ready to donate them yet but don’t they look lovely?
Always remember it is very important we have the five W’s for items please… This provides the provenance for an item… and this includes photos too.
We need to know Who, Why, What, When and Where
Find out more about how you can donate items
We look forward to hearing from you, many thanks.
Girlguiding Norfolk County Archivist