- GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
- Girlguiding Norfolk Aspires!
- Videos to support the Time Traveller Badge now available
- Time Traveller – Blast off!!!
- Check out the ARC’s Geocaching trail
- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the Guide International Service
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
Girlguiding Norfolk held the most awesome weekend 20-21 April 2021
In hosting #GGNAspires… we heard from 17 people in 16 sessions sharing the stories of their careers and top tips for everyone about all types of things actually – not necessarily linked to careers, but life advice too!! Think : keep learning, grab every opportunity, don’t say no to anything, work experience, portfolio, volunteer, maths, passion, do what you love, and so on.
Such a lot of time and thought went into presentations. HUGE thanks all, for a very professional event. Careers include teacher, flood and coastal risk management officer, author and science educator, chartered financial planner, Royal Navy officer, doctor, radio producer and engineer, building service engineer and design manager, global health security correspondent, art director and social media content creator, postdoctoral researcher in marine ecology, police constable, senior broadcast journalist, air traffic controller, conflict archaeologist, female fisherman.
All these presentations/interviews can all be found here https://www.facebook.com/GirlguidingNorfolk, and later will be on the ARC YouTube channel.
You will not regret spending a little time looking at them… they are all interesting for all ages, even if you don’t think you fancy that career/are interested in that topic! FAB resources for unit meetings/discussions.
and check for badges that match with some of the stories these amazing women have told.
Over 5k people have been reached through this event, with over 30% engagement! (10% is good!).
We are so pleased with this work and achievement by our ARC UEA volunteers – very proud of you, especially Alice! Well done and thank you all for an amazing team effort!