- GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
- Girlguiding Norfolk Aspires!
- Videos to support the Time Traveller Badge now available
- Time Traveller – Blast off!!!
- Check out the ARC’s Geocaching trail
- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the Guide International Service
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
We have an amazing event as part of our ARChive weekend 6-8 March.
We are needed to solve the question ‘Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?’ We have Amanda of The Little Story Telling Company coming to do this with us. You need to be here (in Patteson Lodge) for 3 till 4 on Saturday 7 March, no charge, for all those 12+… I can guarantee you will LOVE this session, and Amanda!
Please let us know that you are coming, by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Amanda has been to visit us, and is busy working out how to use some of our collection in her stories. This is what she said:
‘I had a great day visiting the Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre in Coltishall on Tuesday. I am going to be performing my “Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?” for the guides in March and we thought it would be fantastic to use some of the items from the archive in the workshop.
It is a truly incredible resource with guide and brownie related items going back in time. The uniforms and flags were incredible. We found an old WW1 tin which would have been full of sweets and chocolates. The troops were all given one of these by Princess Mary to thank them for what they were doing. We also found models of WW2 planes, an old whistle, water bottle and compass. Even a stretcher used in WW2.
I am busy finding ways to weave these items in the story. We are also trying to incorporate the role the guides played in the WW2 effort. It is an incredible and little known story. They were involved in many things including looking after German refugees and working in the munitions factories. My mind is already busy working out how we can make sure this important story is told to the guides of today.’