- GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
- Girlguiding Norfolk Aspires!
- Videos to support the Time Traveller Badge now available
- Time Traveller – Blast off!!!
- Check out the ARC’s Geocaching trail
- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the Guide International Service
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
Sue Ryder the G.I.S.!
Sue Ryder was one of the GIS; she has become famous since then.
Why do you recognise that name now?
What is the purpose of the sort of place that she is connected to?
Amongst the jobs Sue Ryder did was driving agents of the Special Operations Executive to an airfield to take off to Europe.
Where did she do her relief work? What job did she do? You might need to find out what the initials DP means.
Others Who Joined the Cause
We didn’t have a Guide Leader from Norfolk go, but Geoff Crane, a Scout Leader from Norwich went along and was with RRU.7. We have tracked down some photos of him.
He went with this Unit that went to Greece, via Egypt. Alison Duke (also known as Chick), a Guider from Cambridge led this group. The kit displayed is hers. She was a translator and afterwards based at Girton College in Cambridge.
(Photo Credit to C Illustrated London News Ltd. and Mary Evans Picture Library)
Photos below Credit to Paul Hunt