- Videos to support the Time Traveller Badge now available
- Time Traveller – Blast off!!!
- Check out the ARC’s new Geocaching trail
- ARC notelets for sale
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- Rally Round the Standard, 16 – 19 October, 2020
- Heritage Open Days 2020 : Welcome to Norfolk Girlguiding Archive Resource Centre
- History Begins at Home Project
- Kids in Museums Awards
- Virtual work experience at the ARC July 2020
- A message to current and previous members of Girlguiding… from the County Archivist!
- What an amazing weekend!
- V for Virtual closing ceremonies
- Join the campfire
- A game of common sense
- V for Virtual – Your tasks for the weekend
- V for Virtual in the media
- So you think you can be a member of the GIS?
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 1 sleep to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 2 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 3 sleeps to go!
- Prepare for V for Virtual – 4 sleeps to go!
- An invitation from Carol Bundock, County President, to the V for Virtual camp 8-10 May 2020
- V for Virtual – an opportunity to find out all about the Guide International Service
- Our ARC Angels Zoom together
- The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
- We had a great ARChive weekend
- New videos added!
- All Events Cancelled
- Is my Grandfather a WW2 hero?
- The ARC Angels at work!
- Heritage Skills Netbag Making
- Join us for our ARChive weekend
- Heritage craft events at the ARC
- Ready for the New Year!
- Log Book Challenge
The ARC volunteers stay hard at work
The building may be closed… but have the ARC volunteers stopped working?
So, these are the jobs that we can still be getting on with, and we are keeping very busy!
We are continuing to have our weekly Monday meetings, via Zoom! It’s great fun using technology to keep in touch…. We also have a very active WhatsApp Group, and IT buddies for those who don’t use these programs. Notes of these meetings are always done.
Our Steering Group is continuing to have its meetings too, and are forging ahead with writing and reviewing policies, as to achieve Museum Accreditation is our aim. We should be submitting our Eligibility Questionnaire shortly; this will confirm whether or not we can apply.
We are also working through these tasks:
- Transcribing recordings made by guides interviewing Trefoil Guild members.
- Preparing our new notelets to be ready for sale.
- Sorting the rest of our badge collection… very nearly all finished. This includes displaying, recording, selecting appropriate ones for display and preparing to add to Modes, our museum database.
- Making more acid-free folders to store things. We are emptying plastic folders and papers from plastic pockets, as these perish over time. We need to tie these folders (those packers knots coming into their own!) once they are filled with papers and then store them in special boxes, labelled of course!
- Working on our Welcome to Volunteering at the ARC pack
- Inventory of fiction books (300 we have!)
- Looking into how we can begin to sell things using PayPal
- typing up notes
- writing an entry for Wikipedia
- writing our contribution for MyLearning.org website – resources for teachers to use
- Adapting modern purchases to be used to produce WW2 Brownies dressed in uniform, i.e. Hats!
- Sorting booklet made at ARChive weekend, ready for publishing / adding more pages
- Work for Facebook entries website, including editing videos…. Check them out!
- Organising a day of activities for non-camp on Brownsea Island based on How Girls Can Help to Build up the Empire, the first Girl Guide Handbook from 1912.
Our National Lottery funding is due to finish in January next year; however, they have agreed there will now be lots of flexibility around this due the Coronavirus situation.
Thank you so much everyone for all you are doing!!
Please do let us know if you want to join in!