- We are recruiting – closing date 6 August
- New 4 Seasons Sleepover Challenge
- Read our July Blue Sheet
- Join Us for our STEMM Digigirlz event
- Norfolk Coast AONB Scout & Guide Challenge
- New things to do!
- Easter Craft Competition winners
- Easter Baking Competition winners
- Try this new Challenge Badge – the Button Challenge
- GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
- Girlguiding Norfolk Aspires!
- Easter Craft Competition
- Easter Baking Competition
- Level 3 Safe Space Training
- World Thinking Day 2021
- Blue Sheet Special Edition for World Thinking Day
- Read the December Blue Sheet here
- Christmas baking competition – the results are in!
- Welcome to Girlguiding Norfolk County’s 2020 Advent Calendar!
- Build it, decorate it, wear it…
- Christmas Baking Competition
- Don’t forget Amazon Smile for Black Friday
- Norfolk Coast AONB Challenge Webinar session
- Remembrance Day with a difference 2020
- UK Parliament free online workshops for community and youth groups in the East of England
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- 2019 Trustees report and accounts
- Special Volunteers’ Week Message
- A message from our County President and County Commissioner
- A VE Day Message
- Girlguiding in Gayton versus the virus
- Girlguiding Horsford is being active!
- Our very own radio star!
- What a WOW day!
- Crabbing in Lowestoft
- Royal Norfolk Show 2019
Girlguiding in Gayton versus the virus
A big thank you to all of the leaders in Gayton, who have been keeping some Guiding activities going for the girls.
We are not able to meet in person, but we are all together in the Guiding Spirit!
The Rainbows have been very busy completing and working towards badges at home with some help from their parents and carers. Some of the girls have been completing their agility badges learning about why it’s important to warm up and cool down joining in with Joe Wicks in the mornings and making some very imaginative obstacle courses in the garden with their siblings enjoy the sun and videoing them to share with us! Others have been spending time on their drawing and family tree badges sending us some beautiful pictures they have made, nature badge helping with gardening and planting and story teller badge. The girls have been recording all their wonderful things they have done with photos and videos and keeping the things they have made safe to share with their friends and leaders at Rainbows when we get to see each other again.
Gayton Brownies have been busy doing various Interest Badges, with the Baking Badge being most popular and some amazing Easter cake showstoppers created. It was just a shame that the Brownie leaders weren’t able to taste any of the amazing bakes! Other badge topics gained include Grow Your Own, Languages, Jobs, Aviator and Mindfulness. Brownie parents have been sending some great photos of the girls’ activities, which include learning French, planting a wide range of vegetables and herbs, making rockets, and researching how to become a firefighter. We’ve also been sharing photos, updates and ideas via our new Gayton Brownies Facebook page, where Brownie leaders have also been posting the daily #ActivitiesAtHome from Girlguiding UK. A weekly email of activities on our usual meeting night has included some skills builder activities too so that girls can complete the Live Smart topic we had been working on last term.
We’re looking forward to a badge-giving-out party as soon as we are able!
The Guides have been receiving a ‘Monday Message’ each week, with an assortment of activities and challenges to keep them busy. They have found out what to flush and what not to flush, by shaking up various hygiene products with water, compiled a K is for Kindness alphabet and created badges to represent an important message – guess what most of them chose!e are also hoping to make a collection of photographs of things which make us happy and display them.
Our Facebook group has proved invaluable for sharing updates and passing on messages. Thank goodness for technology!
Gayton Rangers are about to embark on some online meetings. Leaders have been supporting the girls, some of whom were due to do exams shortly and who have found their world completely turned around.