- Congratulations to the ARC team
- Summer Internship at the ARC
- Christmas 2023 Badge
- Great News – County Coronation Badges
- New Litter Picker Badge
- Our July Blue Sheet is here
- King’s Lynn District News
- County Coronation Challenge
- Our April Blue Sheet is here
- Our Christmas Blue Sheet is here
- Christmas badge now on sale
- Tilly and Daisy meet Girlguideasaurus
- Girlguideasaurus takes up her summer residence
- New Horticultural Bursary
- Special Platinum Jubilee thank you card and badge
- Vice Presidents Afternoon Tea
- Patteson Lodge Jubilee event
- Patteson Lodge 40th Birthday Celebrations
- Our World, Our Equal Future – World Thinking Day wishes from Girlguiding Norfolk Trustees.
- Praise for Successful Girlguiding Norfolk Archive Project
- Read our Christmas Blue Sheet here!
- Our T Rex needs a name!
- Help us with Amazon Smile
- New 4 Seasons Sleepover Challenge
- Read our July Blue Sheet
- Join Us for our STEMM Digigirlz event
- Norfolk Coast AONB Scout & Guide Challenge
- New things to do!
- Try this new Challenge Badge – the Button Challenge
King’s Lynn District News
The Little Mermaid Movie Screening, Saturday 17th June 2023, Majestic Cinema
90 members of King’s Lynn South District enjoyed a lovely afternoon at the Majestic Cinema, King’s Lynn watching The Little Mermaid.
Every so often, I believe this is the 3rd time, Girlguiding links up with the Odeon Cinema for showings of a new film, unfortunately there is not an Odeon Cinema local to us, but a little while after the release of the film, we are able to privately hire one of the screens at the Majestic Cinema.
6 of the 8 Units in King’s Lynn South District joined in to watch the new version of the Little Mermaid, it was advertised as a PG, parents/guardians were advised to watch a trailer before allowing their daughter to attend. This version of the film, had real people not cartoon characters, was very colourful, with songs from the original film, but was no more frightening than the original film. Ursula was a larger than life character, nasty but not frightening. Triton I thought was more frightening as a cartoon character. Eric and Ariel were charming, and Ariel’s sisters were absolutely beautiful.
Everyone I spoke to really enjoyed it. Loo breaks were quite frequent for the Rainbows, but it is not surprising when you see the size of their drink bottles!!!
A lovely time was had by all, and we look forward to the next time.