- We are recruiting – closing date 6 August
- New 4 Seasons Sleepover Challenge
- Read our July Blue Sheet
- Join Us for our STEMM Digigirlz event
- Norfolk Coast AONB Scout & Guide Challenge
- New things to do!
- Easter Craft Competition winners
- Easter Baking Competition winners
- Try this new Challenge Badge – the Button Challenge
- GGN Aspires! An amazing weekend
- Girlguiding Norfolk Aspires!
- Easter Craft Competition
- Easter Baking Competition
- Level 3 Safe Space Training
- World Thinking Day 2021
- Blue Sheet Special Edition for World Thinking Day
- Read the December Blue Sheet here
- Christmas baking competition – the results are in!
- Welcome to Girlguiding Norfolk County’s 2020 Advent Calendar!
- Build it, decorate it, wear it…
- Christmas Baking Competition
- Don’t forget Amazon Smile for Black Friday
- Norfolk Coast AONB Challenge Webinar session
- Remembrance Day with a difference 2020
- UK Parliament free online workshops for community and youth groups in the East of England
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- 2019 Trustees report and accounts
- Special Volunteers’ Week Message
- A message from our County President and County Commissioner
- A VE Day Message
- Girlguiding in Gayton versus the virus
- Girlguiding Horsford is being active!
- Our very own radio star!
- What a WOW day!
- Crabbing in Lowestoft
- Royal Norfolk Show 2019
Royal Norfolk Show 2019
It’s always a privilege to represent Girlguiding Norfolk on the Scout and Guide Stand at the Royal Norfolk Show. But this year it was a little bit more special.
We were aware in advance that HRH the Countess of Wessex, President of Girlguiding, was going to be the Show President this year, but we didn’t know – although we secretly hoped – that she was going to pay our stand a visit.
There was great excitement when we found out that she was, and Norfolk Scouts very graciously allowed Guiding to take centre stage for her visit. Two young people we selected to meet her and escort her around.
Her Royal Highness was very interested in all that was on offer to visitors and was presented two paracord bracelets to take home for her children.
Following the royal visit, we found that we had won the Bonds Challenge Cup again. This topped off a most enjoyable and exciting Royal Norfolk Show for 2019.
Thanks, must go to all of the Guide and Scout volunteers who gave up their time to supervise activities and enthuse the public about Scouting and Guiding and of course all of the Trefoil Guild members for serving up many many cups of tea and coffee.
I have worked and volunteered at the royal Norfolk show for the last 4 years. Every year I say this is my last one but the pull of mixing with such a vast array of other volunteers from both scouting and guiding is just too much. The fun and laughs we have mixed in with the work is amazing and I’ve made some great friends. Access to the show is a bonus but I have to say I don’t get to see much of it. It’s great seeing the 1000’s of people who visit our stall and walk away knowing how great our organisations are.
It was also amazing this year being recognised by our Scout colleagues by receiving a Scout County Commissioners’ Commendation. #feelingproud #feelingappreciated