- Read the December Blue Sheet here
- Christmas baking competition – the results are in!
- Welcome to Girlguiding Norfolk County’s 2020 Advent Calendar!
- Build it, decorate it, wear it…
- Christmas Baking Competition
- Don’t forget Amazon Smile for Black Friday
- Norfolk Coast AONB Challenge Webinar session
- Remembrance Day with a difference 2020
- UK Parliament free online workshops for community and youth groups in the East of England
- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- 2019 Trustees report and accounts
- Special Volunteers’ Week Message
- A message from our County President and County Commissioner
- A VE Day Message
- Girlguiding in Gayton versus the virus
- Girlguiding Horsford is being active!
- Norfolk Coast AONB Scout & Guide Challenge
- Our very own radio star!
- What a WOW day!
- Crabbing in Lowestoft
- Royal Norfolk Show 2019
What a WOW day!
Guides and Rangers from all over Norfolk arrived at the John Innes Centre, Norwich on 28 September for their very own WoW (Wonder of Words) Festival. The girls were able to participate in lots of different activities during the day and enjoyed listening to our two keynote speakers, Sheridan Winn and Isabelle King talk about what writing means to them, the books they have written and their writing journeys.
Other activities included story telling workshops, spoken word poetry sessions and meeting Lady Baden-Powell (aka Rachel Duffield). A big thank you to Poppy and Leanne from Book Bugs and Dragons Tales and Adam and Helena from the Millennium Library who led several sessions throughout the day.
The Guides and Rangers were able to swap books at the ‘Swap Table’ which proved to be very popular and also had the opportunity to buy books from the extensive range on display by the Norfolk Children’s Book Centre.
A good day was had by all! Who knew that a soup ladle could spark such creative ideas!!