- International Opportunities – Sunday 2nd June 2019
- Royal Norfolk Show 26th & 27th June 2019 – Volunteers needed
- A ‘Thank You’ for Pat!
- Presentation of Queen’s Guide Awards
- Mini Monsters visit Queenshill Rainbows
- Rainbows, Brownies & Guides Steam into Strumpshaw
- Greetings from Girlguiding Norfolk County Commissioner
- Saying thank you to Division Commissioners
- WOW (Wonder of Words) Festival Competition Time!!
- Rainbow leader receives the British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to education
A ‘Thank You’ for Pat!
54 Guiding colleagues, friends and family members came together on Sunday 17th March to say thank you to Pat Pinnington for her 5-year term as County Commissioner for Girlguiding Norfolk.
The venue was Congham Hall Hotel, Grimston, Kings Lynn and the occasion was a surprise Afternoon Tea.
Right up until she arrived at the hotel, it was a secret. Pat just knew she was going out and that she had to dress up, but she thought she was just meeting a couple of us – not 53! So, her face, when she walked into the room, was a picture, she was completely taken aback and lost for words.
After some socialising, tea was served, sandwiches, scones with jam and cream, cheese straws and mini quiche, and lovely cakes, all washed down with copious amounts of tea and coffee.
Following this, Carol Bundock, County President, gave a resume of Pat’s involvement in Guiding from when she was a child. This was mainly thanks to information supplied by her daughter Melanie. There were also a few words from Tracey Foster, Chief Commissioner for Girlguiding Anglia.
Pat’s youngest granddaughter, Lily, presented her with a bouquet of flowers and a voucher. The voucher had been contributed to by every Division in the County.
This was a lovely occasion and a very fitting way to thank Pat for all of her hard work and