- Blue Sheet online here
- Norfolk Coast AONB Scout & Guide Challenge
- Covid 19 update
- World Thinking Day message
- Our very own radio star!
- What a WOW day!
- Crabbing in Lowestoft
- Royal Norfolk Show 2019
- It’s Competition Time
- The very first STEM event exclusively for Norfolk Guides and Rangers
- WoW Festival for Guides and Rangers
- A ‘Thank You’ for Pat!
- Presentation of Queen’s Guide Awards
- Mini Monsters visit Queenshill Rainbows
- Rainbows, Brownies & Guides Steam into Strumpshaw
- Greetings from Girlguiding Norfolk County Commissioner
- Saying thank you to Division Commissioners
- WOW (Wonder of Words) Festival Competition Time!!
- Rainbow leader receives the British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to education
- Eaton Vale Activity Centre Appoints New Centre Manager
- WOW Festival (Wonder of Words) for Rainbows and Brownies
Rainbows, Brownies & Guides Steam into Strumpshaw
On Sunday 24th Feb, 85 girls and 25 leaders from the Acle District, held a fantastic event celebrating World Thinking Day at Strumpshaw Steam Museum.
The Rainbows, Brownies & Guides from Acle, Freethorpe, South Walsham & Strumpshaw units were treated to a day packed full of fun crafts & challenges.
It was also a great opportunity to realise the fact that they are part of an international movement. They had a chance to mix and make new friends, as well as understand the Guiding Promise that they make is recognised in the same way by girls all over the world.
Indoor sessions included a ride on the carousel, as well as a tour of the museum, and also some time dedicated to cleaning an engine in preparation for the Easter rally. Outdoor activities included a train ride around the museum & parkland, seeing a steam engine in action, as well as some team games.
Girls also had the chance to make dreamcatchers, keyrings and jewellery, all using components usually more associated with a workshop; like nuts, bolts, wire, metal rings & cogs.
The day ended with all members renewing their promise together, and receiving a special badge to mark the occasion.
Strumpshaw Steam Museum were presented with a donation of £400 as a thank you for hosting the day.
If you have a daughter who would like to join a waiting list for one of these units, please visit www.girlguiding.org.uk to register your interest.
The next events at Strumpshaw Steam Museum are an Easter Egg Hunt on Sun 21st April 10.30am – 3.30pm & the Steam Rally on 25th – 27th May 9am – 5pm. For more info, please visit www.strumpshawsteammuseum.co.uk