- Our very own radio star!
- What a WOW day!
- Crabbing in Lowestoft
- Royal Norfolk Show 2019
- It’s Competition Time
- The very first STEM event exclusively for Norfolk Guides and Rangers
- WoW Festival for Guides and Rangers
- A ‘Thank You’ for Pat!
- Presentation of Queen’s Guide Awards
- Mini Monsters visit Queenshill Rainbows
- Rainbows, Brownies & Guides Steam into Strumpshaw
- Greetings from Girlguiding Norfolk County Commissioner
- Saying thank you to Division Commissioners
- WOW (Wonder of Words) Festival Competition Time!!
- Rainbow leader receives the British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to education
- Eaton Vale Activity Centre Appoints New Centre Manager
- WOW Festival (Wonder of Words) for Rainbows and Brownies
Royal Norfolk Show 2019
It’s always a privilege to represent Girlguiding Norfolk on the Scout and Guide Stand at the Royal Norfolk Show. But this year it was a little bit more special.
We were aware in advance that HRH the Countess of Wessex, President of Girlguiding, was going to be the Show President this year, but we didn’t know – although we secretly hoped – that she was going to pay our stand a visit.
There was great excitement when we found out that she was, and Norfolk Scouts very graciously allowed Guiding to take centre stage for her visit. Two young people we selected to meet her and escort her around.
Her Royal Highness was very interested in all that was on offer to visitors and was presented two paracord bracelets to take home for her children.
Following the royal visit, we found that we had won the Bonds Challenge Cup again. This topped off a most enjoyable and exciting Royal Norfolk Show for 2019.
Thanks, must go to all of the Guide and Scout volunteers who gave up their time to supervise activities and enthuse the public about Scouting and Guiding and of course all of the Trefoil Guild members for serving up many many cups of tea and coffee.
I have worked and volunteered at the royal Norfolk show for the last 4 years. Every year I say this is my last one but the pull of mixing with such a vast array of other volunteers from both scouting and guiding is just too much. The fun and laughs we have mixed in with the work is amazing and I’ve made some great friends. Access to the show is a bonus but I have to say I don’t get to see much of it. It’s great seeing the 1000’s of people who visit our stall and walk away knowing how great our organisations are.
It was also amazing this year being recognised by our Scout colleagues by receiving a Scout County Commissioners’ Commendation. #feelingproud #feelingappreciated