- Eaton Vale Activity Centre Appoints New Centre Manager
- WOW Festival (Wonder of Words) for Rainbows and Brownies
- Taverham Gang Show Get Together Thirty Years On
- Oulton Units Carol Singing
- Kids in Museums Takeover Sleepover at the ARC
- Girlguiding Norfolk County Trip to Northern Ireland
- Gold Badges
- New ARC officer has exciting plans to bring more guiding history to life
- 1st Gayton Brownies sleep with the Sting-Rays!
- County Commissioner receives award (and paper shredder) from Norfolk Scouts
Taverham Gang Show Get Together Thirty Years On
Former Guides, Brownies, Scouts and Cubs who performed in Taverham’s Gang Shows thirty years ago are set to reunite after an old VHS video of the performances was discovered at the ARC.
The footage will be converted to DVD and screened at a party at Taverham Scout Hut on Saturday 23rd March 2019 – exactly thirty years after the final live performance in 1989.
Party-goers will also be treated to 1980s themed refreshments and a display of performance photos and memorabilia donated by participants.
‘We’re so thrilled to be organising this event’ said Helen Green, Girlguiding Norfolk’s County Archivist, ‘it’s such a fun way to bring people together to share memories, and to raise awareness of the wonderful treasure trove of Guiding history we have at the ARC’.
Rachel Duffield, Learning & Outreach Officer at the ARC, is a former Taverham Brownie and Guide. ‘I was so excited when we found the videotape,’ she said, ‘we just had to let everyone see it, and what better way than with a party!’
The Gang Shows were performed at Taverham Village Hall in 1984, 1986 and 1989 and involved around one hundred Brownies, Guides, Rangers, Cubs, Scouts and Leaders. Participants have already been sharing memories and photos on the event’s Facebook Page ‘Taverham Gang Show Y30’. The ARC is creating an exhibition and reminiscence book for the Gang Show reunion and is asking for more donations of photos and memorabilia.
The Reunion Party will take place at Taverham Scout Hut at 7.30 on 23rd March 2019.
If you were in any of the Gang Shows- you’re invited!
Please follow the Facebook page for more information and to join in the nostalgia and fun!