Let the Training Team Help You Deliver Good Guiding!
We need to know your training needs, then we can arrange to hold a training in your area.
Get together with other Leaders in your District and Division, discuss your training needs or topics that you are interested in, then ask your Commissioner to contact us to arrange a local training or we can advise her of an event within reasonable distance.
- Leaders are asked to wear uniform to trainings if possible
- Most Trainings are free for Norfolk Leaders, Unit Helpers and Young Leaders. However you will be required to pay to attend First Aid Training and County Training Day which is a legitimate Unit expense.
- Leaders from other Counties are very welcome to attend but will need to pay £10 to ‘Norfolk Guide Association‘
- Trainings are arranged locally wherever possible, but you are always welcome to join trainings outside your immediate area to widen your experience.
See also Anglia Region Training Calendar for Region training opportunities that you may wish to attend.
- Everyone should book before attending – giving your name, membership number and Unit. This enables the Trainer to ensure that she has enough training material for all who attend. Do mention any additional requirements you may have that would enable you to participate fully in the session.
- Please do advise the team if you are unable to attend your booked training, it is appreciated by everyone.
In order to enable training to happen across the County, we do need ‘hostesses’. If you have requested a training please ask yourself if you could be the person that can find and book a suitable venue, provide tea, coffee and cold drinks on arrival, and help the Trainer set up and tidy away.
To find out more, have a look at the Hostess Guidelines.
There are a number of e-learning modules for leaders. Once you have completed these, accreditation will be automatically added to your Go! record.