- 1st Gayton Brownies sleep with the Sting-Rays!
- County Commissioner receives award (and paper shredder) from Norfolk Scouts
- Girlguiding Norfolk’s new County Commissioner
- Heritage Open Day and Official Opening of the ARC
- Freya’s ‘Blickling Bluebells and Beaches’ Camp
- Brownies enjoy Junior Park Run
- Rainbows Inspire GoGo Hare
- Conservation Officer for the ARC
- 1st Hellesdon Rainbows Tea Party
- King’s Lynn North Thinking Day Event
Girlguiding Norfolk’s new County Commissioner
Girlguiding Norfolk has a new County Commissioner.
Following the departure of Pat Pinnington at the end of her term of office, the Chief Commissioner of Girlguiding Anglia has appointed Christine Martin as County Commissioner.
Returning to Guiding after a break, Christine is delighted and very excited to have the opportunity to take on this role. She was previously an Assistant County Commissioner and Brownie leader and also held the roles of Division PR Adviser and Division Commissioner for Wensum Division.
Christine’s most notable achievement, or ‘mountain top moment’ as she refers to it, was leading the team that staged Seaside Sparkle in 2010. Seaside Sparkle was Norfolk’s big county Centenary celebration, attended by over 4000 members which took place on the seafront in Great Yarmouth. Who remembers the concert on the beach and the pink sparkly buckets?
Christine is very much looking forward to meeting as many of GGN’s members as possible over the coming weeks and to continuing all the good work that Pat Pinnington has done during her time as County Commissioner. The County would like to extend its thanks to Pat and wish her a well earned rest now.