- Living in Lockdown 2020 Challenge Update – Badges now available
- October Blue Sheet now online
- Christmas Baking Competition
- 2019 Trustees report and accounts
- July Blue Sheet now available here
- Special Volunteers’ Week Message
- A message from our County President and County Commissioner
- A VE Day Message
- Girlguiding in Gayton versus the virus
- Girlguiding Horsford is being active!
- Blue Sheet online here
- Norfolk Coast AONB Scout & Guide Challenge
- Covid 19 update
- World Thinking Day message
- Our very own radio star!
- What a WOW day!
- Crabbing in Lowestoft
- Royal Norfolk Show 2019
- It’s Competition Time
- The very first STEM event exclusively for Norfolk Guides and Rangers
- WoW Festival for Guides and Rangers
- A ‘Thank You’ for Pat!
- Presentation of Queen’s Guide Awards
- Mini Monsters visit Queenshill Rainbows
- Rainbows, Brownies & Guides Steam into Strumpshaw
- Greetings from Girlguiding Norfolk County Commissioner
- Saying thank you to Division Commissioners
- Rainbow leader receives the British Empire Medal (BEM) for services to education
Rainbow Birthday Celebrations
This term 2nd Sprowston Rainbows have been celebrating the Rainbows’ 30th birthday.
10 girls joined over 600 others from around Norfolk and Suffolk at Bewilderwood to celebrate. They had a great day playing on all the play equipment, making wishing spoons, going on a boat ride, decorating birthday cakes and joining other Rainbows in a sing along. Eadie 7, Mia 6, Sofia 6, Daisy 7, Chloe 6 all enjoyed the slides at Bewilderwood. Millie 6 enjoyed getting lost in the sky maze. Amelia 5 liked the wobbly broken bridge. Ella 6 enjoyed the boat rides and Meredith 7 said her favourite part of the day was getting ice lollies. Leah 7 said “I’ve had a good day, it’s been really fun, the best thing at Rainbows”.
We also borrowed the Rainbow box from the Arc. The girls enjoyed looking at all the old resources and trying on the tabards. Martha 7 said “I wish we had these now”. The girls spent the meeting looking at all the Rainbows badges on the Arc’s camp blanket and comparing them to those on the unit’s camp blanket.
Also this term we have been working on the Anglia 30th birthday badge. We have made playdough sea creatures, fish cupcakes, played octopus, played with kinetic sand, made caring and sharing mermaids, designed our own rainbow fish and learnt about the different parts of a fish. We also designed our own birthday cards which we sent to another Rainbow unit and finished the term getting wet with a water meeting outside. We also had a birthday cake and sang Happy Birthday to Rainbows.
The girls would like to wish a very Happy 30th Birthday to all Rainbows.