Ferry Lane, Norwich
The flinty building with its broad stone archway became the Watergate for craft carrying stone for the building of the Cathedral from the quarries near Caen.
John Pull at 28 years became ferryman and publican and held the license until he died in 1842. His 45 years service meant that his name was given to the Ferry. In 1947 the buildings and watergate were saved by a bequest from Camilla Doyle and money raised by Norwich Girl Guides.
Pull’s Ferry is 5 minutes walk from the Railway Station and is an ideal base for exploring the Cathedral, the River Walk, Mousehold Heath and Norwich City Centre. The Watergate Room can be hired for variety of activities such as meetings, parties, award presentation ceremonies, sing songs, picnics by the river and one night sleepovers for members aged 14+. A challenge pack and, of course, a badge are also available.
For full details please contact Jan Everson Tel: 01603 611625 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org